The Chinaza Favour Writing Challenge which first took flight in 2021, aims to discover, assess, and reward the genius of outstanding writers who otherwise would not have had a platform to showcase their creativity to a larger audience, thereby gaining the recognition that they deserve and need for greater exploits.
It offers an opportunity for writers of all genres, encouraging them to stretch beyond the limits of their imagination, enhance their writing skills, receive feedback and connect with a supportive community of fellow writers.
This year’s edition promises to be better as Chinaza Favour collaborates with Worital, Africa’s leading publishing company, to make it even more rewarding for the participants, for literature is known for its ability to reshape and remake destinies. Worital understands this power.
Against this background, we call on all writers in the fiction, non-fiction, and poetry genres of literature to delve into their inner worlds, and flesh out a magnificent literary piece with our theme for this year’s challenge.
Topic: The Tale of Reinvention and Rebirth
Instructions and Guidelines
We encourage you to probe into the depths of the theme and the chosen topic, unleash your creative spirit, and mesmerise yourself and your readers by crafting a masterpiece that captures and reveals the essence of your unique perspective.
Submission opens: 17th July 2023
Submission closes: 24th July 2023.
Social media submission guidelines
- Post your article on your social media wall/page.
- Tag @Chinaza Favour on Facebook or @thechinazafavour on Instagram or both.
- Tag @worital on Facebook, Instagram or both.
- Use the hashtags: #ChinazaWorital #ThePhoenixWritingChallenge #ChinazaFavoursWritingChallenge2023
★ Please note: You are to specify the genre of work you’ve written in parentheses after the title of your work. For example, ‘The Phoenix: A tale of reinvention and rebirth (Non-Fiction)’.
- Follow the guidelines for social media submission.
- Fill the form in this link
- Ensure to copy the link to your submission on social media and embed it in the form.
- Upload your file and submit
- Wrong tags will lead to automatic disqualification. Please look through the instructions for social media submission to confirm the appropriate accounts to tag.
- Make sure you use the correct hashtags for the challenge.
- Using a wrong title and wrong genre will lead to disqualification.
- You will be judged based on originality, creativity, coherence, grammar and adherence to the topic.
Prizes and Recognition
- 3 winners will emerge (1 per genre).
- Each of the winners wins a publishing deal with Worital worth 500,000.
- Each of the winners gets a plaque of honour.
- Winners will be featured on a National Newspaper.
- The top 20 for each genre will have their articles converted to a book that will be made available on Worital’s book reading app BOOKPLAZE (it will be available for free on the platform).