Frequently Asked Questions
BOOK COVER DESIGN
After payment, you will get a questionnaire to fill to provide us with full details.
3-5 working days.
We give two professional cover designs option with an opportunity to modify each twice
We welcome that; you can share your concept with us before we start the process. In case you don’t have any; we would create one for you.
After delivering both covers, you can modify each of them twice. We can create the first options and allow people to do a vote before the final modification is done.
On each modification/sample, you will be paying 10,000 naira extra
After sending you the cover(s), you have 72 hours to review and send back the modifications. After this period, we would assume that you have no modification and if any change comes afterwards, you’d be paying 10,000 foreach modification.
In a situation where you find both cover attractive and useful, you will be charged an additional 20,000 naira to have the right to use both.
Yes, we will design the back cover for your book. For eBook: No, we won’t be doing the back cover
Animations costs more than other types of covers. It will attract an additional fee.
Yes, you can pay twice for the cover design, 70% before design and 30% before full delivery after the modifications
Yes, please find them on our website at www.worital.com
For covers with advanced illustrations, there would be additional cost.
BOOK INTERIOR DESIGN
- It is preferable that you use Microsoft Word for your manuscript.
- The genre of the book should be communicated.
- Use different levels of font sizes to indicate the hierarchy of chapter titles, major headings, and subheadings, and make them bold. If appropriate, number the sections and subsections. This way, the logical flow of your manuscript will be obvious to the book designer.
- Do not add text boxes. If you want text to appear in a fancy box or a wrapped quote, type ***begin sidebar*** and ***end sidebar*** and the designer will take care of it.
- Do not import your pictures into Word, or copy and paste them into the document. Supply the high-resolution images files separately from your manuscript file and indicate where you want them placed by typing in bracket or red highlights the image name and we will take care of the rest.
- Please don’t get too fancy with the font. A serif font (i.e., Times Roman) is preferable, this will be an easier font for the designer to read.
- Include a table of contents if the chapters have titles.
Amazon and kindle registration
1) Provide a TIN (tax identification number) if you have one (optional)
2) Provide a foreign account or payoneer account (we will create a payoneer account for authors who don’t have and don’t know how to)
1) Provide a TIN (tax indication number) EIN (employee Identification number) or NI (national insurance) number (optional)
2) Provide your bank information or payoneer (we will create a payoneer account for authors who don’t have and don’t know how to)
1) Provide a TIN (tax identification number) or EIN (employee identification number) (compulsory)
2) provide your US account information (or payoneer)
Note: sales on the U.S store are subject to 30% U.S. tax withholding for authors without TIN
Amazon/Author Royalty (eBook)
Author gets 70% of list price and 30% goes to KDP. ($2.99 to $9.99 is the permitted price range)
Andorra | Australia | Austria | Bahrain | Belgium | Brazil | Canada | Egypt | France | Germany | Gibraltar | Guernsey | Hong Kong | India | Ireland | Isle of Man | Italy | Japan | Jersey | Jordan | Kingdom of Saudi Arabia | Kuwait | Lebanon | Liechtenstein | Luxembourg | Macao | Mexico | Monaco | The Netherlands | New Zealand | Oman | Qatar | San Marino | Switzerland | Spain | Taiwan | Thailand | United Arab Emirates | United Kingdom | United States | Vatican City
Author’s Royalty on sales to customers outside the Available Sales Territories above will be as provided under the 35% Royalty Option (i.e., 35% to you as the author 65% to Amazon).
Author gets 35% of list price and 65% goes to KDP ($0.99 to $200 is the permitted price range)
In this option, if books size is up to or greater than 10 megabytes pricing begins from $2.99 to $200
In this option, when book size is up to 3 megabytes or less than 10 megabytes, pricing starts at $1.99 to $200
Available in all territories
Author gets 60% royalty and the rest goes to Amazon
Calculation formula for Author’s 60% royalty (60% x number of copies sold – print cost for each copy)
Print cost calculation (black and white | 110 to 828 pages): ($0.85 fix cost) + ($0.012 x number of pages) = print cost
Given book price = $18 (200 pages) (one copy)
60% of $18 = $10.8
$10.8 – print cost
Where print cost is: (0.85 fix cost) + ($0.012 x 200 pages = $2.4) = 3.25
$10.8 – 3.25
=$7.55 (author’s 60% royalty per copy of 200-page book that cost $18)
Note: for lesser pages (less than 110 pages, up to 108 pages) there’s only fixed cost price of $2.15 (no per page cost)
Print cost calculation (premium colour print | 42 to 828 pages): ($0.85 fix cost) + ($0.07 x number of pages) = print cost
Same formula applicable
Note: for lesser pages (24 page to 40 pages) there’s only fixed cost price of $3.65 (no per page cost)
Print cost calculation (standard colour print | only 70 to 600 pages): ($0.85 fix cost) + ($0.036 x number of pages) = print cost
Kdp payment threshold is $100, but $0 for author whose banks are in the US (what this means is, funds amount to $100 before it is paid to authors)
Your payment occurs 60 days after the end of the month in which your royalties meet the threshold.
- Chapters, credits, and any introductions must be standalone files no longer than 120 minutes each. If the book has no chapters, split into segments of 30-120 minutes each.
- Each chapter must be in the proper order and should start with a verbal indication that it is a new chapter (such as the chapter number or the name of the chapter)
- Opening credits must be included and include only the title and author/narrator names. The opening credits cannot include any additional information or narration. The details should match exactly the provided metadata and details on the cover art (using the exact same names across all 3). All narrators must be credited. We recommend the following structure: [Title], Written by [Author Name], Narrated by [Narrator Name]
- Ending credits must be included and must reference the completion of the book (e.g. “the end”). Optionally, you may include the title, author/narrator names, copyright info, etc. We recommend the following structure: This has been [Title], Written by [Author Name], Narrated by [Narrator Name], Copyright [Year of Manuscript and Name of Rights Holder], Production Copyright [Year of Audiobook Production] by [Rights Holder]
- All additional introductions (preface, author’s notes) should be separate files, with appropriate verbal headings, all of which should be loaded to the “Front Matter” section of the audio page.
- Audiobook sample must be shorter than 5 minutes and may not contain music, audiobook credits, or explicit content
- All audio must be human-narrated and provided as FLAC or MP3 files. Text-to-speech audio will not pass for upload.
- Each file should have a constant bit rate of 192 kbps or higher, and a sample rate of 44.1 kHz.
- Each individual file must contain between 0.5 and 1 second of silence (room tone) at the beginning of the file before narration performance begins, and between 1 and 5 seconds of silence (room tone) at the end of the file, after narration completes.
- RMS for each file must measure between -23dB and -18dB, with peak values below -3dB, and a maximum -60dB floor.
- No copyrighted materials or extraneous sounds (pages turning, etc.).
- Cover Art (provided by the rights holder) •PNG, TIF, or JPG. Minimums of 72 dpi resolution, 24-bit color, and 2400 x 2400 pixels.
- The title, author(s), and book series information (if applicable) are clearly displayed and must match exactly both the provided metadata and the audible contents of the opening credits.
- No images of or references to physical books, CDs or scans of cases, promotions, or cellophane.
- No pornographic, offensive, or copyrighted materials.
- Square cover art is required, without the use of borders or letterboxing.
- Cover may not include book summary, description, etc if the title is to be distributed to Audible.
- Cover may not be blurry or feature watermarks
Failure to meet these requirements may delay your audiobook’s availability in stores.