As human beings are social animals, we need to communicate with each other on a daily basis. Although the majority of that interaction is carried out verbally or non-verbally, a great deal of communication requires us to write. And with the increase in technology wave and the advent of social media platforms, we communicate via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Each and every one of us writes at one point in our lives and developing and honing our writing skills has a major way of influencing us as better and well-rounded individuals. Writing can also make you more productive, more emotionally aware, and a less irrational decision-maker. Good writers know how to communicate, they make things easy to understand and they know when to leave out the unnecessary.
Here are 5 ways writing can improve your life and make you a better and well-rounded individual:
1. It Increases Your Productivity: Writing activates the neurons in your brain and gets it ready to overcome the rest of the tasks (you can use it as a kind of warm-up at the beginning of the day). In addition, writing down your tasks with the appropriate words prepares you to carry them out properly. Finally, it’s demonstrated that setting your goals in writing increases significantly the possibilities of achieving them.
2. It Makes You A Better Communicator: Writing helps you build a structure that will allow you to express yourself better and communicate complex ideas in a much more effective way. You will start to use an expanded vocabulary, which will leave a better impression of you on the person you are communicating with.
3. It Sharpens Your Memory: When you write down the memories you remember, it triggers the memories that are long forgotten. Some of those memories won’t be pleasant, but you will be able to look at them from a distance and put their perspective, and ponder how much you have learned from those experiences and in another vein, happy memories would make you smile and you would remember events and people you care about.
4. It Enhances Your Focus: You will live more focused. If you constantly write about your thoughts you will never get out of sight what you want to achieve, which your dreams are making you a step ahead of your goals. It’s the “Focus” season with the focus dance steps, so the writing would help you focus more and help you with your organizational skills.
5. It Helps You To Clear Your Mind: Writing down your thoughts helps you to clear your mind so that you can go about your day, working, solving problems, and just enjoying life. Without all those thoughts in the back of your head distracting you, you will find it easier to work and focus, no matter what your profession is.
Would you pick a pen and start writing today? Let us know in the comments section if you find these tips helpful ❤️